FOOTBALL FEVER! The season is starting and so are the tailgates! I love a good tailgate just as much as the next person, but I’ve always been hard pressed to find healthy recipes to go with all that fun. This 8-layer dip is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Why 8 layers? Well, because that’s my favorite number, of course! Feel free to add, subtract, or substitute layers based on your crowd’s (or just your) specific tastes, but keep in mind that will change the nutrition facts! Whatever you do, though, definitely use the 0% fat Greek yogurt. It is packed with protein and has none of the fat of sour cream. What a great substitution! I did a blind taste test on some friends and they had NO IDEA they were eating Greek yogurt!
Also, you can pre-prepare this dip up to the point it goes in the oven. Instead of baking, cover and refrigerate for up to three days before the big game. Day of, just pop it in the oven and follow the recipe through to completion.
- 16 oz. fat free refried beans (vegetarian)
- 16 oz. mashed sweet potato
- 2 3.8 oz. cans sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded low fat cheddar
- 1 15 oz. can sweet corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. lettuce, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Evenly spread refried beans into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Spread mashed sweet potato on top of beans.
- Sprinkle olives evenly over sweet potato.
- Top with cheddar.
- Bake first four layers for ten minutes, or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Once baked, add tomato layer.
- Add diced avocados.
- Spread Greek yogurt evenly across the top.
- Combine lettuce with green onion.
- Right before serving, top with lettuce and green onion mixture.
- Serve with tortilla chips - I like Tostitos Baked Scoops!
- Total time is 30 minutes because you can prepare the last four layers while the first four bake!