With temperatures finally starting to cool off a little, it is actually pleasant to grill again! I love grilling. I love this weather. I love watching my dog spastically run around the backyard just because John and I stepped out onto the porch. (Yes. She does that all.the.time.)
Grilling always just seems to put the happy in my stride, even after the most crazy of middle school days! The family is together, friends might come over, the sun is shining, and I’m delighted. You’ll be delighted, too, after you taste this steak! Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it is super speedy and easy to boot.
Often after eating steak, I’m left in this way-too-full funk until I digest for a while. Not with this steak. While satisfying any craving for a scrumptious piece of meat, the corn and tomato topping is cool and crisp and leaves you feeling refreshed!
- 1 12 oz. flank steak
- 4 ears of corn, cooked and kernels removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. poblano pepper, minced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill on high.
- Brush flank steak on each side with olive oil, then season each side with salt and pepper.
- Combine tomato, corn kernels, poblano pepper, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Grill steak on first side for three minutes.
- Flip steak and grill for three more minutes.
- Remove steak from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting across the grain of the steak so the meat will retain its juices when cut.
- Serve meat topped with the tomato and corn mixture.
- Steak is cooked to medium-rare in the middle and medium on the ends. Adjust time of grilling to control how well-done your meat is!