So the end of football season is upon us and everyone is gearing up for festivities this weekend (despite the snow in the south)! People are planning parties or days in and starting to try to figure out what to feed all those hungry mouths! It’s funny how much of an appetite we work up watching other people play football!
This Superbowl weekend, why not try some Chili Chalupas to go along with your game-day staples? You can whip up a batch of Easy Turkey Chili and then everyone can make their own chalupas as the cravings strike. This is a meal that lends itself well to a buffet-style. I used chili, cheese, rice, spinach, and avocado in mine, but you could add or subtract ingredients to fit your group. Plus, this way, those who prefer their chili out of a bowl, can eat it exactly how they like it, while others can dress it up! One batch of Easy Turkey Chili will make 16 Chili Chalupas, so call your friends and have some fun!
- 16 taco-sized flour tortillas, baked in the oven until toasted and lightly browned
- 1 pot Easy Turkey Chili
- 2 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 4 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. fresh spinach
- On one toasted tortilla pile a handful of spinach (about 15 leaves), 1/8 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup chili, 1 tablespoon cheese, and 1/4 an avocado. Either eat whole, or cut into fourths and eat like pizza. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 chalupa ・365 calories per serving