I’M AN AUNT!!! Jack, my sweet nephew, was born this last week and I love him and think he is precious!
With this in mind…here is a quick and easy recipe for new moms and dads out there who are hungry, but don’t need anything extra to clean up! This is a one pot meal that pulls together in about 15 minutes and tastes fresh and green, which is great for this time of year. With that, enjoy – I’m keeping my post short and sweet just like this recipe and little Jack!
- 1 lb orecchiette pasta (or something similar like shells)
- 1 lb frozen peas, thawed
- 4 oz fresh arugula
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Cook orecchiette according to package instructions. Just be sure to stir the water as you add the pasta so it doesn't stick together. When the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it, then quickly rinse it under cool water to stop the keep it from overcooking.
- Return pasta to pot, add olive oil, and stir. Add peas and lemon juice and stir again. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Immediately before serving, add fresh arugula and parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of total • 375 calories per serving