Last week I posted my favorite summer salad dressing, Lemon Vinaigrette. I recommended you eat it with your favorite salad fixings, but I know plenty of you have been wanting me to post a salad that I would dress with the Lemon Vinaigrette. Your wish is my command! This Chickpea (a.k.a. Garbanzo Bean) salad is fresh, crisp, lean, and full of protein! Its the perfect salad for the summer time, when we are all trying to look and feel our best. Combining this lean salad with the Lemon Vinaigrette gives it a delicious tanginess that can’t be beat.
For the best results, pour all of the dressing over the entire salad and toss to combine. I have had it like that, as well as dressed individually, and found that the salad didn’t get even coverage when dressed individually. Once dressed, serve immediately. Planning to take this salad to a party or get-together? Take the dressing separately so you can add it when you get there. If you used the jar method for mixing your method, then you’re already ready to go!
- 16 oz. fresh spinach
- 2 16oz. cans chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans!), drained and rinsed
- 8 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 batch Lemon Vinaigrette
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl/dish, spread spinach into bottom of entire dish. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and avocado. Pour Lemon Vinaigrette over the top, add your salt and pepper, toss, and serve immediately!
- If taking this to a party/get-together, put plastic wrap over the top of the salad to restrict oxygen reaching avocado so it won't discolor. Take dressing separately to add when you arrive! Toss salad before serving!